16 May 2008

Locally famous...sort of

I managed to finally do it. I made cookies last night. Not just any chocolate chip cookies, though. I used my dad's recipe. Not too many people outside of our family have it. I used to believe they couldn't be made up to par unless I was in his kitchen, with his watchful eye overseeing everything. Last night I made the cookies in my kitchen, without my dad, and I'd say they turned out exactly like his. Most of the recipe is written down, there's a few little things that aren't. I successfully remembered them and.....TADA!!!!! COOKIES!!!!! I'm especially proud because my brother has attempted and failed to make the cookies, he's a great cook & baker. He's made all kinds of stuff, from Bread Puddings, quick breads, donuts, prime rib, crepes, pretty much everything, and yet he can't make dad's cookies in his own kitchen.

I had a lot going against me, first dad uses a nice electric mixer, I mixed by hand. His recipe makes 60-80 cookies, I only made about 30. He uses really nice non-stick cooking sheets, I bought mine at a garage sale for $0.05 each. He has an electric oven with a digital thermometer. I have a gas oven with an innacurate dial thermometer.

As you can see in the picture, they look perfect, and as I can taste, I recreated them perfectly. Maybe I'll make another batch and bring 'em to Wheels on Willy Sunday.

1 comment:

Valerian said...

If you bring the cookies I'll bring the beer. That has proven to be an unstoppable combination in the past.