26 March 2008

oh, that kinda hurts

I've been squeezing in miles whenever I can - ZERO of them have included saddle time. I'm hoping that foot fitness - walking and running - will transfer (at least a little) to cycling fitness in time for the H8TR. I'm a little stiff today, I put on 6 miles hiking/walking (3 in the morning, 3 in the evening with the dogs) both of hikes I lugged my 60lbs camping pack along. I also ran 3 miles during my lunch. My legs are unhappy today, it's a nice burn, though. This morning I put on another 3 miles with the pack and the dogs. I skipped the lunch run in favor of making today an "easy" day.

So yeah, I think everything is going to work out pretty good.

Weight report: I've lost 2# (probably dehydration) so I'm under 190# now. I'd like to get under 180# for H8TR and be down to 170# or less for 24-9. I'm still up in the air for what I'll be signing up for, I'm leaning towards a 12hr solo. If I can walk/run 9 miles a day, what's 12hrs on a bike? I can coast on a bike.

2 comments:

Thane said...

Hey Phil! Remember me?!?! this is the skinny high school kid from the TREK BICYCLE STORE who always wore the huge pants: Nick. Isn't the internet great?! I've come across 'Ol Jonny Mac and You in the last week. I will be at this Sunday's MOTAB, maybe I'll see you there.

P-lip said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!